I will explain how to upgrade your distro without having to download Ubuntu 19.04 and install again.
1. Open terminal either using ” CTRL + ALT + T ” or from the applications menu and run the following commands:
sudo -i apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
This will ensure that all your packagers are up-to-date.
2. Open ” Software and Update Centre “.
Go to ” Updates ” tab.
3. Make sure that ” For any new version ” is selected is the ” Notify me of a new Ubuntu version ” section.
4. Press ” ALT + F2 ” and type:.
update manager -c
5. Authenticate yourself by typing your login password.
6. As you can see it says software on computer is up-to-date … however, Ubuntu 19.04 now available. Click on ” Upgrade “
7. Read the release notes ( if you want to ) and click on ” Upgrade “.
8. Wait for Ubuntu to be updated.